Titled, “Are You Asking Your Older Patients the Right Questions?”, the video highlights 3 questions that health care providers can integrate into routine office visits with patients 65 and older:
- Have you fallen in the past year?
- Do you feel unsteady when standing or walking?
- Do you worry about falling?
Using the tools in CDC’s STEADI initiative, the video then guides health care providers on screening, assessments, and proven interventions, such as:
- Reviewing medications to ensure appropriate geriatric doses and reducing fall risk-increasing drugs; and
- Recommending Vitamin D supplements.
You can watch the video at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/841020
(Free Medscape login in required to access the video.)