In preparation for Falls Prevention Awareness Day and through the generous support of GSK, NCOA’s Falls Free® Initiative is sponsoring a 2015 Falls Free photo contest. Details are below, on the attached flyer, and also available at https://www.ncoa.org/
healthy-aging/falls- prevention/falls-prevention- awareness-day/falls-free- photo-contest-2015/.
Please share this contest information with your coalitions/networks/
colleagues—we welcome all eligible submissions!
What are we looking for?
High quality action photos to use in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. Photos also will be made available to Falls Free® Initiative member organizations.
· All photos must be high resolution and not previously submitted for any photo contest
· Images must be clear, sharp, and depict older adults participating in a falls prevention program (evidence-based programs with participant(s) standing preferred)
· All submissions must include:
1. Names of all identifiable individuals in the photo
2. Name of the featured falls prevention program in the photo
3. Name of the individual submitting the photo
5. City and State
6. Submitter’s name, phone, and email address
All submissions also must include signed consent forms from identifiable individuals shown in the photos.
· 1st prize: $300; 2nd prize: $250; 3rd prize: $200
· Winners will receive Amazon.com gift cards issued to the individual submitting the entry
· Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners
· Winning photos will be featured in the Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website
Please submit all photos and signed consent forms by th at to Ellen Schneider: ellen.schneider@