Through the generous support of GSK, NCOA’s Falls Free® Initiative is sponsoring a 2015 Falls Free® video contest. Details are available at https://www.ncoa.org/healthy-aging/falls-prevention/falls-prevention-awareness-day/falls-free-video-contest-2015/. The deadline for submissions is November 2nd, 2015.
What are we looking for?
NCOA is collecting and sharing positive images of older adults engaged in a variety of falls prevention activities. For example, video clips may include footage from Falls Prevention Awareness Day activities, screening events, and falls prevention balance and exercise classes, as well as testimonials or interviews with older adults.
Video footage will be used in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. The videos will also be made available on the NCOA YouTube channel and to National Falls Free® Initiative member organizations and coalitions for their use.
· The contest is open to everyone; Falls Free® Initiative member organizations, coalition members and the general public are welcome to submit video entries.
· Individuals may submit more than one entry.
· Videos must be no longer than 1 minute and 15 seconds.
· Do not use copyrighted music in your video.
· Please shoot the video clip(s) horizontally.
· Submissions must include signed NCOA consent forms from all identifiable individuals shown in the video.
· The deadline for submissions is November 2, 2015 at 11:59pm ET.
How to enter
For each entry, send one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
· The submitter’s name and “FF Video Contest” in the email subject line.
· The submitter’s name, organization, city, state, email address, and phone number.
· A YouTube.com link to your video. For information on how to create a free YouTube.com account, click here. For information on how to upload a video to your YouTube.com account, click here.
· Signed NCOA consent form(s). Please scan and attach the consent form(s) to your email message.
Judging and winners
· Videos will be judged on: message and appropriateness to theme of falls prevention among older adults, creativity and originality, and overall video presentation.
· Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners.
· Winners will receive Amazon.com gift cards issued to the organization/individual submitting the entry. Prizes are: 1st prize: $600; 2nd prize: $500; 3rd prize: $400.
· The winners will be announced around November 20, 2015.
· Winning videos will be featured in NCOA’s Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.